TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
Grune the Destroyer
Thunder Kitty
When collecting, "rarity" is only half the equation if you're thinking about value. I can tell you some things which are INCREDIBLY rare, and yet most people wouldn't give them a second glance.

The other half of the equation? DESIRABILITY.

Desirability alone can drive up a price (example: Star Wars. There's an old vintage figure called Yak Face. Do a search for him on ebay; there are always loads. Yet years of being told he's rare and people seeing him as a vital piece of their collection makes him desirable, so the price is always comparatively high).

Desirability+rarity = very high price.

Rarity alone... so what if there's only X limited number out there? If nobody wants 'em, they can just rot.

To return on-topic then, will any of the latest T-Cats stuff be "rare"? None of the figures, I'm almost certain; perhaps the Grune with a differeny symbol, or the "short whip" Tygra... but these are technically variants.

How many people in the future will want to collect such variants (esp. as they are "unofficial" variants)? Or will most people just want a Tygra, and a Grune, for their collection. How many people will want all such variants on the figures?

I think it's too soon to say at the mo. I will say I find it wonderfull refreshing that all of these figures are plentiful and easily available in shops. I know some collectors frown on this, moaning that they're all "peg-warming". I just call it good distribution, which is what it should be for a kids toy range.
Grune the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote