TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #47
Icespark
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sdp View Post

Sorry but I can't disagree more with you, haven't re-watched BW but comparing this to Avatar is ludicrous. The animation is only good in the intro, in the actual show its terrible, how can you even praise the animation? the writing is also absolutely terrible for the most part with only a handful of great episodes, and the dialog is ugh. Music is pretty decent though but I wouldn't go as far as to say that its amazing.

I'll definitely give you the atmosphere, that is what the show has going for it. Third Earth is indeed a rich world full of mythology and endless possibilities. The problem with that is that the show never bothers to actually build on that awesome world that the characters live in it and completely ignore any cool backstories that could make this show so awesome. "Oh yeah we opened this new Ice Cream store with 1000 flavors, but you can only choose Vanilla, on some special occasion we allow you to choose strawberry".

Now it seems like I'm bashing the show a lot, but no I've been enjoying it, but it is what it is, a great show for its time but it has aged over time.
I'm sorry, but, my mind won't be changed, I really do think that Avatar is a fantastic series, and should be rated it as a masterpiece. In a time where most cartoons are cheaply made, Avatar is one of the few series that has full productions values, with high attention to detail placed into its creation.
Icespark is offline   Reply With Quote