View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #5857
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Another old Interview bits, I found interesting:

Geektress ThunderCats 2011

Are you scared of ThunderCats fan backlash?

Yes! Definitely! ThunderCat fans are very passionate. I worry all the time. I go to message boards and see what lines I can't cross, because they will tell me. We do change the mythology a little bit, and I'm a little worried that we will make some people upset. Hopefully they understand we're trying to be respectful.

What was the creative process like for ThunderCats?

ThunderCats has got like, 150 episodes. It's impossible to watch every -- well, it's not impossible, but I would have to devote like a year of my life to watching every single episode. You try to find the iconic episodes, the fan's favorite episodes, and watch those. I'm all about the iconic stuff. So the secondary characters won't make it in to an episode right off the bat, I want to focus on Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara, Panthro, WilyKit and WilyKat, Snarf, Mumm-Ra. Once we build that world with those characters, then that's when we can go back and look at whether it's time to put in Lynx-O or Pumyra -- some of those more obscure characters.

The best thing I find for understanding what clicks about a character is usually going to the fan boards and seeing them argue over characters. People go crazy over that stuff. That's where I usually see what the hardcore fanbase is into. Sometimes I check the fan pages a little too late for my own good, and find out "OH! I shouldn't have done that."

================================================== =

So The crew did not like fan backlash, and right now they have done both L/C and T/C fan a disservice like strombringer said, by doing this crazy 180 sift out of thin air with T/C. If they are smart they will continue building L/C, otherwise tons of the promises and interviews were all lies to L/C fans like hollowheart said too way back, that will make their reputation bad too, making them full of BS.

Looks like Pumyra is a B-list character afterall. Lion-O, Tygra, Cheetara are the three main focuses, The triangle can still be very long indeed, as WB bosses that wanting it too. Since this is a Lion-O story not Tygra, L/C will always be their main focus, like what they have done the past 13EPs in the triangle.

Old interview, before the premiere (but they have practically finished 26 episodes of season 1, like they said too before the premiere) but it cleary shows the crews MO, wanted to make as much fans happy as possible and the are carefull with Tcats. Clearly Bad critics about T/C are everywhere (crew's facebook, crewblogs,twitter, etc) including some the T/C fans themselves. Since story wise, this T/C thing were not being written properly.
I agree.

The core characters are in place and legacy showed us that mummra, lion-o, tygra, and cheetara will play a bigger role. Of course lion-o will be the main focus.

Pumyra is a b list character. If she was a main character, they would have established her earlier. I think she comes in on Native son.

You have to make them happy, because they will not watch it. If thunderdad doesn't watch it, most likely the thier kids won't.

Again, I think their is more to it in episode 13.

You know they worry about the fans reaction.

Look at bioware. There was such a backlash (Like my Warden, spent many hours on them) that they started to address some of it on the boards and made excuses. It pushed them to change how their DLC stuff was. It was more story driven.

In the end, it is about the dollars. What is going to make you the most. There was a reason TC have been on the back burner for 10 years.

Last edited by L08e16o; 02-05-2012 at 10:19 AM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote