TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #5865
cmangund
Hardcore Lion-O + L/C Fan
Found some nice comments from a hardcore OS fan during one of my "usual internet patrol":

---------------------------------------------------
"As a long time fan of the original series (I grew up on old VHS recordings my elder brother had), I was starting to really like the remake. Interesting characters, overarching plot, unique designs, it was shaping up to be a cartoon worth remembering.

Then you paired Cheetara with Tygra.

End of my interest.

Did anyone on the writing team EVER watch the old cartoon?
Here’s a list of must see episodes: ‘Sixth Sense’, ‘Telepathy Beam’, ‘Lord of Snows’, ‘All that Glitters’.

No, the beyond Horrible comic series released by Wildstorm/DC, DO NOT COUNT as cannon. They read like a badly written angst fanfiction and everybody knows it (Come on, in ‘The Return’, Cheetara is paired with Panthro, which is ‘never’ indicated in the original cartoon. Then in ‘Dogs of War’ she’s with Tygra for no plausible reason and even has two badly named brats with him? These are signs of terrible writing and worst consistency.).

Lastly,( and I know I’m gonna get flamed for this) the new Tygra is an awful character, seriously. No one in my family likes him.
I’m sorry to be one of the negative people, all the other episodes had me smiling and upbeat, this one left a sour taste in my mouth. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------
cmangund is offline   Reply With Quote