Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #5871
Balgus82
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Found some nice comments from a hardcore OS fan during one of my "usual internet patrol":

---------------------------------------------------
"As a long time fan of the original series (I grew up on old VHS recordings my elder brother had), I was starting to really like the remake. Interesting characters, overarching plot, unique designs, it was shaping up to be a cartoon worth remembering.

Then you paired Cheetara with Tygra.

End of my interest.

Did anyone on the writing team EVER watch the old cartoon?
Here’s a list of must see episodes: ‘Sixth Sense’, ‘Telepathy Beam’, ‘Lord of Snows’, ‘All that Glitters’.

No, the beyond Horrible comic series released by Wildstorm/DC, DO NOT COUNT as cannon. They read like a badly written angst fanfiction and everybody knows it (Come on, in ‘The Return’, Cheetara is paired with Panthro, which is ‘never’ indicated in the original cartoon. Then in ‘Dogs of War’ she’s with Tygra for no plausible reason and even has two badly named brats with him? These are signs of terrible writing and worst consistency.).

Lastly,( and I know I’m gonna get flamed for this) the new Tygra is an awful character, seriously. No one in my family likes him.
I’m sorry to be one of the negative people, all the other episodes had me smiling and upbeat, this one left a sour taste in my mouth. "
-----------------------------------------------------------------

But the thing is, in the OS, there wasn't any romance between the characters. Fan opinion was all it was. I, personally, thought Lion-O had chemistry with either Mandora or Willa when I was little. I never thought Cheetara was with any of them.

And btw someone should tell him the Crew said they weren't basing any of the new show on the comics.

Last edited by Balgus82; 02-06-2012 at 01:50 PM..
Balgus82 is offline   Reply With Quote