TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #132
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat's Pajamas View Post
Part of better dialogue, is having better things to talk about. That involves adding complications like Lion-o being imperfect, or Tygra occasionally being a jerk. But that's just my "stupid and limited thinking" opinion. ; )

And I still think your use of the word "arrogance" is unfortunate. Your implication is that the writers go out of their way to piss you off. Sorry, they don't even know you, they certainly aren't setting out to hurt your feelings.
Im going by show runner Jelenics own words as far as arrogance goes. It is ARROGANCE to walk in and completely change huge chunks of the mythology because he couldn't understand it.

Its easy to understand the Original show and its popularity. rhetorically speaking...you mean to say you can't understand:

a) a cartoon thats just cool with fantasy and sci-fi elements , a magic sword and great looking heroes and villains? ( how did excalibur or motu ever become popular?)

b) A story about a kid in a mans body with the responsibilty or mantle of a leader bestowed on him and how he deals with that? ( wow i hope he never writes Shazam then...errrrrr wait...)

c) howsabout a story about the last survivors of a royal family fleeing their dying homeworld and making their way on a unknown planet and being hunted by various enemies?

Yeah... Jelenic...its so hard to understand or find stories to write.

He likened it to Star Wars or Superman, and again i say, even it did borrow from those ( BTW those borrowed from other stories too) , they are some of the biggest , successful properties ever....learn from success i say.

Last edited by kevster; 06-14-2012 at 02:09 PM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote