TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #140
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
And THATS THE EXACT STUPID and LIMITED THINKING I addressed earlier.

If the Thundercats are so popular a property they wanted to bring back....why change it? Its an example of the arrogance hollywood had in the 90's regarding comic properties. Nowadays Hollywood has figured out being as Faithful as possible or within reason is what works. But Still guys like MJ think they have the magic bullet to fix whats not broken.

OF course, if you actually read what i wrote, I said update the series with better dialogue and action but DONT FUNDAMENTALLY change what made the show great.
Michael Bay disagrees with you. LOL!

But seriously, I think it's because no one wants to try to copy the old series for a few thousand hardcore fans. The companies want to appeal to new fans, which causes the brand to grow. The old stuff is out there and usually there is no going back to it with sequels or new adventures with the old crowd. In 20 years, animation companies fold, voice actors, writers and other creators die.

Sometimes you can't go back, you have to go forward. And sometimes it works, sometimes it fails.

Quote:
the QUALITY is INDEED relevant. I WILL BUY MOTUC bacuse it looks great and is well made...I WILL NOT buy this drek for me or my kids because its crap .

Oh yeah, and the hardcore fans of the Original show are the ones with the money...yknow .....the parents.
Parents may have the money to get what they want, but they do buy stuff for their kids (new fans) who might want that "stupid" Armor of Omens.

Quote:
If Kids are the the SOLE target audience, which you seem to be infering, then Bandai are bigger idiots than i thought.
Bandai of America really doesn't know the adult collector market. That really showed with the articulation differences, paint washes, black pegs and the 8" size. This is a company that makes Ben 10 and Power Rangers.

Quote:
Thundercats CORE audience are , at least before the new show got deep into episodes, are the fans of the ORIGINAL...whats known as a base. If you can't capture them, then theres no guarantee you'll get the higher new fans. Again, MOTUC, works because they sell to their base first, the MOTU fans that know the property from the 80'..the fans that have the money....not six year olds who don't
MOTU was in this same boat 10 years ago. 200X flopped because Mattel flooded the stores with variants, while shortpacking the new characters and Mattel learned from it's mistakes by adopting an online model.

Quote:
My vote is that the show should die. Its not handled well, written well, and the toys are not good at all.
I'd rather not have the show die and return when I'm 50. MOTU fans have had long gaps--10 years between New Adventures of He-Man and 200X, then 5 years between 200X and Classics! That's 15 years of waiting in limbo for new product. I'd rather have the property get saved and turn all the mistakes around. Unfortunately, that seems unlikely at this point.

Personally, I'd love it if WB dropped Bandai and Mattel took over, with the 4H sculpted 6" Classic or Modern era figures. Yes, you'd have to endure some of the Digital River crap, but I think a 12 figure a year Club Thundera subcription with SDCC exclusives and sub exclusives could nail all of the major players within the first 2 years.
MegaGearX is offline   Reply With Quote