TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #73
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Season 3 comes to a close.

The Jade Dragon: Terrible. Outright terrible. Sequential lines that contradict prior statements ("I vote we take a break." followed by, "Let's dig over here!". The story flow is a train wreck. Mumm-Ra is weak why? Hachiman says because his powers comes from the statues but that's no explaination at all, in fact that makes it more confusing! Hachiman doesn't make a lick of sense either, from a samurai from the past to now a guy with a robot horse with mystic powers living on another planet. The ending makes even less sense then anything else, with the Cats praising the pooch, who does nothing in the episode except dig up the statue. On the plus side, the animation was better then usual.

The Circus Train: Aside from some very small nits, a rather enjoyable episode. There's a nice continuity nod to Exile Isle. Part of me hopes this is the end of the Lunataks, but I'm not counting on it.

The Last Day: I... Wow... I'm not really sure what to say. That was amazing. Had I seen it as a kid, it would've blown my little mind. The animation was great, the story was strong, and the resolution was shocking. This season finale is stronger then most series finales. I wonder if they thought it could've been the end?

Normally I'd put my summation of the season here, but with what happened I think I'm going to want some time to process it.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote