TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #80
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Season 4 as a whole was entertaining. While it removed my much loathed Lunataks (save one episode), it also made the ASoE into characters I liked even less. They continued the storyarc of turning Thundera back into a real planet again and really moved in that direction, which I give them credit for, stabilizing and purifying the planet in the last episode. Also that we got a decent finale and one at all is one that I give them credit for. That said, it was also a weaker season IMHO. It had several great stories, but it also felt a bit more plodding then prior seasons.

In order of favorite seasons, I'd rate them 1, 3, 4, 2 out of personal preference, so this season does fall into the worse half of the series despite having some very good ideas and new characters.

I liked Jaguara and I really liked Zaxx. Both fit well into the series IMHO and both could've used a lot more episodes fleshing them out.

Not that it's needed, but some favored episodes:
  • The Zaxx Factor
  • Leah
  • Touch of Amortus
  • Helpless Laughter
  • The Book of Omens

Which is part of my problem with this season. Outside of Zaxx there weren't any real fantastic episodes. It's not bad, plus personal preferences play a large part, but there weren't the "Wow!" episodes this season or really fun rides for me. 4 OK or worse episodes doesn't help either.

Next up will be a series as a whole and some related thoughts to that.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 12-14-2011 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Hit Post by Accident, Finishing Post
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote