TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #55
Uncanny Madman
Thunder Kitty
I've had the entire DVD boxset for a year now (I originally imported some of it from the US when it was first released 'cos the UK, as always, was so far behind with getting it but my sister got me the entire boxset for my birthday last year)...

I still havn't watched every episode!

It was a really weird experience for me as I'd never seen ANY of the episodes after "Thundercats Ho! the movie...so it's like, watching "new" episodes of your favourite cartoon from the 80's...it's cool but strange!

Anyway, unfortunately for me, the majority of the later episodes are just pretty terrible...the characters aren't utilised enough and the same "plots" keep popping up again and again...but I guess that's the 80's for you!

There's also far too many solo Lion-O episodes (HATE him in the original show) and no decent battles really...it always ends up with the bad guys just running away! In particular it's downright stupid in one episode where Lion-O is close to being beat and Bengali just turns up and fends every single bad guy off singlehandedely! (I'm so glad the new show has made the villains serious threats).

But negativity aside, those episodes that ARE good (especially the pilot and "Thundercats Ho!") are just worthy of watching again and again. I watched Thundercats Ho! on video about a million times as a kid and I still can't get enough of it...fantasy adventure purrfection! *groan*
Uncanny Madman is offline   Reply With Quote