TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 03:35 PM   #37
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Behold, my necromancer powers as I revive this thread!

Having recently finished the entire original TC series (and having rewatched the original He-man series in the last 6 years), I'm now comfortable voting and declaring a winner.

Mumm-Ra would pwn Skeletor. Badly. Mumm-ra has the advantage in every category except possibly pure strength (and even that would probably be close) and the likelyhood of that being an element in this fight is extremely unlikely.

In fact, I can see this as being a laughably short fight, wherin Mumm-Ra teleports in, fires off a two handed blast o' death and the fight is practically over at that point. However, that doesn't tend to be Mumm-ra's prefered tactic against anyone he percieves as inferior, plus he can be sadistic when he wants to be (After all, he imprisioned Zaxx in his amulet and turned the Lunataks into living statues), with his abilties I see him appearing not in his Ever-Living form, but taking a page from Fond Memories, and taking on He-mans form, complete with Power Sword and taking him on that way. Skeletor wouldn't stand a chance, the only question is what Mumm-ra does after; does he outright murder him? Does he imprison him in some humiliating form, like by placing Skeletor into his own Havoc Staff? Turn him into a bone statue and let him forever look out, unable to do anything else? Zap him into Limbo+ and let the nothingness consume and eradicate him?

Even taking into account in the OP about non-comical mode, Mumm-Ra has so many tools at his disposal, it wouldn't be a challenge. From watching Skeletor and learning of his powers, weaknesses, and limits and entering the battle prepared to face his opponent, to the sheer number of powers Mumm-Ra could employ that Skeletor just doesn't have an answer for; especially the psychological and manipulative battle that Mumm-Ra would engage Skeletor in. In the 80's cartoons, Mumm-Ra burnt out the eye of Omens and killed Lion-O with a magic blast (As a refresher, Jaga appeared and fixed the eye and revived Lion-O) which was just one of many victories that are a part of Mumm-Ras winning record against his enemies in straight combat. Yes, winning record. Mumm-ra has a greater then 2-1 win/loss ratio in straight combat over the course of the series (27/12 by my count), and if you remove the episodes where he lost when he saw his reflection, it goes way up. Skeletor, on the other hand, has lost when He-man blew on him. Yup. Big ole puff of air. Skeletor has lost when he was super-powered with all the Sorceress' magic infused within him inside Snake Mountain. You turn these characters into dangerous non-comical enemies who have to lose and Skeletor becomes a real legitimate threat. Who gets pwned by Mumm-Ra.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 12-18-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote