TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #42
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru of the Takaguro Dojo View Post
I can't remember what happened off the top of my head, and I don't have access to the dvds at the moment. Perhaps you can refresh my memory of what happened.
Lion-O scoffed at Mumm-Ra's advance, stating that Mumm-Ra may be powerful, but he can't stand the sight of evil that is his own reflection as he held up the Claw Shield. Mumm-Ra saw his Ever Living form in the Claw Shield and laughed, explaining that when he returned after being near destroyed by Thundera's Sun, he lost that weakness. Then holding up both hands, he blasted the Thundercats hard.

A plot MacGuffin of pure good allowed the TCats to flee for their lives at the end, a MacGuffin never again seen (and given the Animation it wasn't too hard to conclude that it used up most of it's concentrated good to drive Mumm-Ra away). For the remainder of the series no one even bothered to try to show Mumm-Ra his reflection since it never again had any effect on him.

From that point on Mumm-Ra had virtually no weaknesses. He lost a physical scuffle with Lion-O in a ThunderCat created dimension in the series finale, but even his usual extremely limited energy reserves seemed to be far greater to the point where he never had to withdraw because he used up all his power. Usually plot resolution came from Mumm-Ra winning and the ThunderCats being able to work around it at the last second in all the later episodes and seasons when he was directly involved.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 01-07-2012 at 01:34 AM..
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote