Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #67
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Hahahaha, this is the most silly reasoning I have ever heard. Seriously.

See, I am an old-timer Transformer fan, but I don't like EVERYTHING from it. I don't like most of the old cartoon (especially season 3), I don't like the Bayformer movies, I don't like the japanese cartoons (save for a few). I like the old Marvel and the new IDW comics (most of them anyway), I like Beast Wars and Beast Machines, I like TF Animated.

Does not make me any less of a fan of Transformers, because I still watched those series I did not like, and know them and their characters just as well as those who like them.

So if anyone likes this new Thundercats series, or likes the Wildstorm comics, but doesn't like the old series - will not make them any less of fans then you are.
Your response is simply rubbish.

I never said you have to like EVERYTHING about the old series. BUT if you say you liked the old series but this is much better because it needed to be changed. ( like Jelenic infered in multiple interviews.)then your not a fan. the Original came before.

This series is garbage. I've said it since episode two. It has ZERO respect for the original and FAILING because of it.

Where Hollywood has figured out that trying to be faithful to properties ia more successful way to go...this cartoon ignores it in an ARROGANT attempt to say" the old series is stupid, we can do so much better"

WHY exactly is does this series even exist? It the property wasn't popular, why the attempt to fix it?

CARTOON NETWORK continues to bottom feed of poorly drawn comedy shows and retread anime and Bandai continues to put out TRASH product thats poorly sculpted.

I have Icon heroes Mumm-Ra and that staction is 100 fold more beautifully sculpted and accurate than the stuff Bandai produces. If The Figures looked like that then it might give Mattels MOTU classics a run for its money.

This revamp has failed in every way from story to product.

Let it Die and find someone that loves and understands the property and WHY its popular all these years.

and before some snarks come back with " oh you just wanted it like the old show and be cheesy"

Of course not, Snarf can be seen not heard, you can have better dialogue and expanded plots and action...but you don't have to arrogantly change what made the show great in the first place.

Last edited by kevster; 06-13-2012 at 11:48 AM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote