TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
If you believe that a huge toy company like Bandai does not have, or cannot allocate a budget to a toy like Thundercats you are just looking for excuses. Bandai in Japan makes phenomenal toys yet their American counterpart makes simple kiddie toys like the Power Rangers. Power Rangers in America are molded color plastic figures with a little bit of paint on them. So are the vehicles. Everything is very simple and cheap to produce. They are using the same formula with the new Thundercats line. A lot of toy fans are getting increasingly frustrated and disappointed with the progression of the Thundercats line mostly because of the decisions being made at Bandai USA. These days if a toy line has a cartoon on a major network it is going to get retail space. Guaranteed. I know the Thundercats were not seen in Target during the initial release but a month later they appeared everywhere. I do not believe that Playmates has more muscle than Bandai when it comes to accessing retail space or being able to budget a toy line, even a secondary one. When I saw that a small toy company like Playmates can make figures and playsets that look character accurate, have lots of play value and look like fun it makes me wonder why can't Bandai do the same? If you think the Tower of Omens playset is a well designed cool toy and a good value well then you are in the minority.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote