TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #12
Covenant
Thunder Kitty
I'm not going to get into a pissing contest over who has the better credentials in the toy industry but suffice to say, I respect your expertise, sadly you are missing my point. It's not about the economics of toy development, it's about design! Bandai is making a lot of bad, cheap-looking toys that are not a good perceived value! A three color plastic Tower of Omens playset for $40 is not going to appeal to collectors nor will it impress kids. Even the Bandai Collector series is nothing more than kids action figures in a slightly larger scale. Can you compare what Bandai is selling to figures from McFarlane Toys, or even Mattel for that matter? Bandai's figures are at least 80% plastic that's molded into the color of the character, there is virtually no paint. I like the 6" figure scale and the overall design is good but in no way are they a value at $15. Bandai is clearly marketing their toys to children and I have run into a few kids in the toy aisles checking out the Thundercats. Some were even crying out "Thundercats, Hoooo!" but none of them actually asked their parents to buy them any of the toys. I think Bandai is making some big mistakes with this toy line and I'm worried because I don't want it to fail. I am a big fan of the cartoon and I hope to see many more figures from both the Classic and Modern Thundercats. If the cost of developing an excellent toy line that supports the Thundercats brand is too much for Bandai then Warner Bros. could always give it to a toy company that would give it the respect and love that it deserves.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote