Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #10
Ravenxl7
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike78a View Post
if will smith did star in a live action thundercats film would fans be upset because he's black? because they picture lion-o (if he's starring in it he's most likely playing lion-o) being played by a white actor. or would fans be upset because he's "will smith"? even though he was nominated for an oscar for "ali" many may feel he's not a great actor or just the wrong type of actor for this role.
personally the race issue doesn't bother me i'm just not sure i want the fresh prince of bel-air playing lion-o. though i wouldn't have a problem with tatyana ali playing cheetara.
Not sure about anybody else, but him being black isn't the issue for me. While I like him as an actor, I'm having a hard time picturing his style of acting working for any of the main characters. I would prefer his involvement be mainly behind the scenes, but if he absolutely insisted on having a role in the movie itself, a smaller/cameo type of roll would, imho, be better. His son on the other hand, would be a good fit for Wilykat, but I'm not sure anybody else would agree, lol.

Though thinking about this, I don't think Will would be a good pick for the roll, but I would find it funny if his son played the young Lion-O, and then he played the aged Lion-O (assuming they would stick to that story arch).
Ravenxl7 is offline   Reply With Quote