TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
WingDagger
The Ever-Living
I'm a massive fan of the '80s cartoons I grew up with (I was born in 1980), and I'm really enjoying the insurgence of modern-day remakes. I really enjoyed the 2002 version of He-Man, fully loved Transformers Animated, the recent DC (Young Justice) and Marvel (Avengers, Fantastic 4, X-Men Evolution, Wolverine & the X-Men) cartoons have been generally good, but I am totally stoked for Thundercats.

I just really hope it doesn't get cut off in its prime, as He-Man and TFA did. The fans of He-Man had promises of the Horde making a full return (bringing a certain Force Captain Adora with them), with series 3 to end in a four-way war between the Masters, Skeletor's Evil Warriors, the Snake Men and the Horde. The series' outline was written and finalised, but MYP and Mattel fell out over certain characters (Mattel apparently did not want Scare-Glo or Clamp Champ to be featured, they were both to be key characters in the series).

Transformers Animated got as far as having toy prototypes being developed for series 4. Around 50% of the scripts exist, and a lot of information (updated character designs, plot developments, etc.) has been released. There are rumblings that IDW have a deal with Marty Isenberg, the writer, to bring the stories into comic form, but not until the Dark of the Moon hype dies down, so that's Q1 2012 at least, a full 3 years after the last epsiode of Animated aired.

Now, I'm not wanting to put the kiss of death on the series before it starts, but these shows seem to start out with immense stories that really seem to be leading somewhere, all for them to be canned before their potential is realised.

I'm keeping everything crossed that it does not happen to TC!
WingDagger is offline   Reply With Quote