TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #1
Steelgrave
Ho!
I thought the new Thundercats show was going to suck balls. The still images looked horrible. I was expecting another overly stylized piece of crap like Transformers Animated. Because lets face it, EVERY new cartoon show looks like that garbage. Ever since Batman the Animated series they've been pushing that style down our throats constantly. I was expecting Thundercats to be totally ruined & unwatchable like the new Battlestar Galactica.

I missed the premier but my friend burned a copy for me. I couldn't believe I was watching a new cartoon series in 2011 that had a similar animation style as the old 80's shows. That alone put me in a state of shock for the entire time. Then they made it serious. Another thing I couldn't believe, it wasn't stupid & corny at all. And it wasn't boring at all! I bought season 1 of the old show & was bored to death with it. Most of the old 80's cartoons bore the crap out of me. But this one kept me glued to the TV the entire time.

Wilykit & Wilykat looked totally retarded in the still shots but looked really cool in action. I couldn't believe the difference. I hate the pictures I saw but they were actually really cool in the show. (but I still prefer the classic designs on those two).

I loved Snarf! If they keep him exactly like he was in the premier then I love him. I've always hated Snarf because he was totally stupid & retarded. I didn't like how he talked & hated his voice. But the new one is like a pet like he should have been in the original.

Cheetara? I'm still in love with the original. I don't like what they did to her in the new show. I love her old voice, her old costume & I prefer her with shorter hair.

I don't care for Panthro's new design but everything else looks awesome. Lion-O was cool, Tygra worked well, Mumm-Ra & Jaga looked pretty much the same & Slithe was ok.

I was tearing this show apart before it premiered because the photos looked horrible but after seeing the show I was totally wrong. THANK GOD! I'm still not interested in the toys at all but I'm behind the show 100% now. I can't wait to watch the whole series on dvd.

Last edited by Steelgrave; 08-04-2011 at 11:36 AM..
Steelgrave is offline   Reply With Quote