TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
r3v3n63
samoflange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Moore View Post
If past attempts at structure based play sets are an indication, they need to make sure that interactivity is a must. A lot of the these large sets fail to sell due to price and lack of interactivity with figures and other vehicles. If the price is decent, I can see it selling rather well.
It looks as if one of the interactivity aspects they are giving a try is this magnetic activation thing in the figures, I'm betting that will carry over to this palyset as well. Something else that may be cool is that the tower may be approachable from all sides, sets like the Cats Lair had an obvious front and back which always seemed off a bit. I remember getting the old GI Joe HQ when I was a kid and thought to myself, "what is preventing Cobra from attacking from another direction?" On of the oddly cooler playsets I had as a kid was the Milton Bradley Starbird Command Base and even though it was just cardboard I loved that it could be approached from any angle.
As far as price goes $40 sounds promising. We haven't seen the tower yet but the Thundertank is at $30 and it's looking worth it to me.
r3v3n63 is offline   Reply With Quote