TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #22
rchrz60
Lord of My Thundercats
Jason,
You and I are going to be good friends, and I'm glad someone understands where I'm coming from. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the new show is bad, I actually enjoy it and I'm looking forward to new episodes. I guess my point is that they have a good foundation here, not only with ideas and some decent stories from the original, but also with what they've started too. I just don't want to see them screw it up because they get excited about the initial ratings and get ahead of themselves.

Part of what made the Cats great is that they are a team and they work together, other things like the ThunderCats symbol from the sword and their eyes lighting up were also key elements to the show, heck they even added that feature to the original figures, so that tells you it was something the fans liked.

I think in a time where reboots and remakes are popular they couldn't have picked a better time to relaunch ThunderCats, but they need to aviod that common Hollywood mistake by rushing and trying to do too much too soon, or changing things completely. For example, I have been a long time Superman fan, since I can remember, I even have an S logo tattoo, but now between the new suit in Man of Steel, and the fact that Superman is wearing Jeans and a T-Shirt, and is no longer married to Lois in the comics, I'm starting to lose interest in Superman all together.

ThunderCats was a memory from my childhood that I will always have, and it was something that I cherished long before talks or actions of a new show and toyline, I just don't want them to mess those fond memories up by not listening to the fans when it comes to ideas and direction of the show. I'm honestly hoping that the writers and producers of the show check in on Forums and Blogs such as this to help them maintain proper direction for the show.

Alright I could probably keep going on and on about this, so I guess let's stay-tuned and see what happens.
rchrz60 is offline   Reply With Quote