Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #152
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Maybe it's just where I grew up, but cheek kissing was NOT NORMAL there. If a single female I knew had done that outside of a few VERY SPECIFIC instances, i would have taken it as romantic. Hand-holding you are totally right, but we also have to account for this being a kid's show. They're not going to depict romance by having them tearing each other's clothes off like a prime-time drama. Hand-holding and things of that sort are going to be how they depict it. And some basic kissing.

your second point I basically agree, and wish Lion-o would get over it.

Your third point is getting kind of a stereotype-y. You may be right, but I don't know many single females that would treat a single male near their age in 'sisterly' fashion either. Because such things would likely cause misunderstandings and quite possibly be taken romantically.
I grew up in southern California. Culturally, cheek kissing is considered a form of greeting in some families. Oh, and I've kissed my brother on the cheek, sisters too. Grandma too. Friends too (male and female) Everybody.

Basically, I think it was played vague enough for the audience to argue over if she was into him or not.

The reason I got stereotype-y is because, "women only do XYZ if their interested" is a stereotype. I wanted your input on the whole dependent v Alpha Male, and how it is viewed when it comes to being stereotypical.
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote