Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #168
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
That's the point Ive been trying to make for the last 4 months. It's unfair to judge someone based off of some idea you've had stored in your head for years. Sure we have our cultural norms, but who are we to judge someone when they don't fit into our boxes? This belief that women only show support when their romantically interested, is what leads to the problems like these. Saying stuff like, women only do this when they are this is a stereotype. It's unfair.

Relationships and the people in them come in all shapes and sizes.

For a romantic relationship to work, she cannot sit there and bow down to Lion-O's every wish. It's not something that's is going to, or should work. Yes Lion-O is a King, but the audience is not going to be susceptible to that kind of dynamic. Not in a romantic relationship. That would be uncomfortable to watch.
I would love to see Lion-O with someone who has no qualms about telling him no, or refusing him. Make him work for it, so to speak.
I'm not going to write it again, since I assume you were writing this while I wrote the other one, but the writers calling this a LOVE TRIANGLE in all the interviews was a big factor here. It should not be ignored.

I agree with you about equality versus dominance in a relationship, but I think you're pushing too hard the other way. Thundercats is the story of a monarch. Yes it's a children's story; but it's still about a monarch, to have a character who does not accept Lion-o as king would undercut the truly important themes of the story (let's face it, the romance stuff IS secondary). They need to find a balance. There's no reason they can't have it both ways. Respect can provide a good basis for a relationship even if you don't have social equality.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote