Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #169
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
No offense, but I think you're missing my point. As I pointed out, a major factor in this triangle has been the writers repeated insistence that it IS a triangle. This is not a matter of viewers reading into scenes innocently. This is viewers looking for the romantic tension that we were TOLD REPEATEDLY was there. If you argue that there was no romance, the whole thing ceases to make sense. What were the writers talking about in your view?

That is why, like I said, it would have been better if the writers had never said anything, then your interpretation would have very little to argue against it.

Fair enough.
I don't think I'm missing your point, I just don't agree with it. Where were we told she would be romantically inclined to Lion-O? As far as I know, it was plainly stated that Lion-O would interpret her actions as romantic in the Thunder Thursday interview. Nothing was stated on her behalf. I'm not questioning the presence of romantic feelings, I questioning if those were Cheetara's intentions. I'm saying it wasn't plain as day that she was into Lion-O.

I've come to see this triangle as both boys interested in Cheetara, but no clarification on her feelings. If a triangle means she had to be interested in Lion-O, than the same would have to hold true for her feelings for Tygra. Maybe the definition of love triangle isnt as sound as we think? Sure three people were involved, but I don't see a twilight dynamic. More like two boys fighting over a girl.

I'm also not questioning if the writers wanted you to see the scenes as romantic. I already stated, I think it written so that you would QUESTION IT.

Last edited by Chique; 04-08-2012 at 11:39 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote