Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #173
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Yes, but there's a simple problem with your interpretation: No one likes it. The first goal of any and all media is to gain, and keep, fans who will spend money. Having everyone hate your primary characters is not a good plan.

You're being too specific. It's not that we were told how the love triangle would end. We were told there would be a love triangle. This romantic tension took the form of all the Lion-o/cheetara scenes. God knows there weren't any Tygra/Cheetara scenes. And then their final explanation basically retconned all those scenes out of existence. It would have been different if they had just said she was confused but picked Tygra. They didn't. It was poorly done. They showed NO development of one pair, lots of development of the other (romantic or not), and then they chose to argue that the pair with NO development was the real pair and the one with all the development was a figment of our collective imagination.
Im not saying those scenes were not romantic, I'm questioning if those were Cheetara's motives. You are saying that for there to be a triangle, she HAD to be romantically interested in him, right?

This show is majorly from Lion-O's perspective. We got everything through Lion-O's eyes. We never saw Cheetara blush or stutter around Lion-O. We never saw them just hanging out our trying to learn more about each other. All we got was Lion-O feeling like a putz, and then Cheetara swooping in for the rescue.

You think it was poorly done, that is your opinion and I'm not going to try and change it The only thing I'm bringing to question or trying to debate, are Cheetara's motives.

If Cheetara behaved like Lion-O, I would be pissed that she chose Tygra. My point is, that it was played vaguely enough that I don't feel like she was lying to anyone. If the creators said nothing about the triangle, then it would have been ok? Even if she acted the way she did, you would have been ok as long as no one mentioned it was a triangle?

Last edited by Chique; 04-08-2012 at 11:53 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote