Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #175
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
Im not saying those scenes were not romantic, I'm questioning if those were Cheetara's motives. You are saying that for there to be a triangle, she HAD to be romantically interested in him, right?

This show is majorly from Lion-O's perspective. We got everything through Lion-O's eyes. We never saw Cheetara blush or stutter around Lion-O. We never saw them just hanging out our trying to learn more about each other. All we got was Lion-O feeling like a putz, and then Cheetara swooping in for the rescue.

You think it was poorly done, that is your opinion and I'm not going to try and change it The only thing I'm bringing to question or trying to debate, are Cheetara's motives.

If Cheetara behaved like Lion-O, I would be pissed that she chose Tygra. My point is, that it was played vaguely enough that I don't feel like she was lying to anyone. If the creators said nothing about the triangle, then it would have been ok? Even if she acted the way she did, you would have been ok as long as no one mentioned it was a triangle?
In many ways yes. Because my argument is that how writers make fans FEEL is just as important as the events that occur within a piece of media. This can take numerous levels. Interviews being one, but also the thrust of a story being another. These are not real people, these events do not occur in a vacuum. Stories have goals, and purposes, and points ASIDE from the intentions of the individuals contained within the story.

My point is that even if, by using real life standards, Cheetara didn't lead Lion-o on, the writers lead the fans on. Though I think Cheetara's innocence is seriously debatable, had a girl done that with me, I would be VERY frustated and a bit betrayed. I would try to be less immature about it than Lion-o was, but it would probably ruin our friendship for at least a while.

Cheetara is not a real person, she has no motives. And I think by limiting the argument to that extent, you leave out large portions of what went wrong with this triangle and why so many fans are so angry about it. And saying it was from Lion-o's POV is an overstatement. The show is third person, we do not hear Lion-o's thoughts. He does get the most screen-time by far, but we have no more insight into his actions than we do any of the other characters, except for the familiarity that comes with seeing him do more stuff.

Last edited by KaleRylan; 04-09-2012 at 12:13 AM..
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote