Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #180
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
I get that you're a feminist, and I respect that. But Cheetara is more than just a female in a show, she's a part of a story. She has a responsibility to be a workable part of the story and the cast. It doesn't matter if she's 'her own woman' if all she ever does is cause friction and problems with the other characters on the show, then she's a problem. If the majority of viewers DON'T LIKE HER, then she's a problem.

This is where once again the staff could learn a thing from the last airbender, a show known for its strong, consistent female characters. Characters that weren't just drama bombs.

As I've said several times, I WANTED her to end up with Tygra. That is not the problem. The problem isn't who she ended up with, or that she's not interested in Lion-o. It's that the whole turn of events has been written like crap. And as someone pointed out, she's suddenly forgotten to be supportive. Her argument that she wasn't leading him on is that she was nice to him because she honestly supports him as king. Okay, then WHY did she totally STOP supporting him when she chose Tygra? Her argument would make a lot more sense if her whole personality hadn't shifted.
All the romance aside, Cheetara not having any drive or focus outside of Lion-O made her boring and flat. If we are unable to form an attachment to a character, then we don't care to over look her "faults", because that is all she is. Lion-O can be a brat, but he still has a big heart and I can identify with being thrust into a job your not ready for. Tygra can be a jerk but works hard to prove he's worthy. Yet who doesn't know what its like to work for something, and never reach it? Panthro was best friends with Grune, and now they are enemies. Kit and Kat are orphans who dream of a city of gold. What about Cheetara?What are some of her goals, other than Lion-O? This doesn't have to include feminism to hold true. Her one dimensional focus has made her less accessible to the audience.

She didn't stop supporting him. She told him he was making a bad call, she advised him. And when he chose to ignore her advice, she chose to go after him anyways.

Because she was never given any drive or focus, people only gave a damn about her position in the love triangle. What is Cheetara, other than this love triangle?
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote