Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #181
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
It's like the Black Panther/Storm marriage from a while. Marvel decided they wanted them married, but the two characters had no previous interactions, so marvel just published a flash-back miniseries showing how, ACTUALLY, they'd known and loved each other all along. Problem solved. Except it's not, because that kind of thing doesn't work on fans that have been following these characters all along.
Man, I remember that. And I remember thinking 'this is because they're both africans isn't it?' considering there was little if no interactions between the 2 characters. I recall black panther mostly interacting with the avengers, not the xmen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
I remember that story, when a couple of fans had the audacity to question it Joe Quesada basically told them to go f**k themselves.
Need I remind you of 'One more day'? Which suffers from as much bad writing as thundercats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
Yes, but there's a simple problem with your interpretation: No one likes it. The first goal of any and all media is to gain, and keep, fans who will spend money. Having everyone hate your primary characters is not a good plan.

You're being too specific. It's not that we were told how the love triangle would end. We were told there would be a love triangle. This romantic tension took the form of all the Lion-o/cheetara scenes. God knows there weren't any Tygra/Cheetara scenes. And then their final explanation basically retconned all those scenes out of existence. It would have been different if they had just said she was confused but picked Tygra. They didn't. It was poorly done. They showed NO development of one pair, lots of development of the other (romantic or not), and then they chose to argue that the pair with NO development was the real pair and the one with all the development was a figment of our collective imagination.
The love triangle isn't over. I don't know how they'll continue it since in the latest episode, it seems like everything is wrapped up and people learnt to put things behind them but I'm pretty sure it isn't over yet. The characters will probably regress AGAIN next episode. Or if they decide to stop making Lion-O carry the idiot ball, either Tygra or Cheetara will decide their relationship needs more drama.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote