TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #195
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
So I watchied both Trials episodes this past weekend as my friends wanted to watch them. I have mixed feelings about them. They were good, but they felt rushed. This should have been at least a 3 parter, maybe even a 4 or 5 parter. The trials felt way too quick, the movement of events went too fast, and there seemed to be no real sense of danger with the characters. No one really acted the way they would have when they thought Lion-O died. Lion-O's death felt cheap without any actual consequences, The battle with Mumm-Ra was over way too quickly, which is the one thing this series has disappointed me on, the underuse of Mumm-Ra. There have been episodes without him even making an appearance. I don't expect him to fight all of the time, I rather like how they are doing it, but he feels more like an anime villian that just sits there in the shadows instead of doing anything himself. It wasn't bad, but it seems like these days 5 part story arcs are a rarity as if they think the audience is going to have ADD and not watch the rest of the arc. They need to realize that their audience watches/watched DBZ, and if you can watch that show religiously, you can handle a simple 5 part story.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote