Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #197
OmenBill
CyberGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchie View Post
As strange as this sounds, after some contemplation, I kind of hope they keep this triangle thing going. Hear me out first because I know this sounds a little crazy.

It's kind of like "If you're going through hell, keep on going before the devil knows you're there". I feel that if everything was said, done, and over that it would leave us with the triangle being the most frustrating thing that has occurred in the show for us fans. Maybe....by keeping it going, they can attempt to repair the damage it's caused? Or hell, maybe it will become SO bad it passes infinity, loops back around and becomes something incredibly glorious. Kind of like YOR: hunter from the future.

Also, as a completely unrelated side note: If they DO have Pumyra with Lion-O, I am kind of hoping she'll be taller than him like Cheetara. I don't know why but ever since "Legacy" I am kind of digging the idea of couples where the woman is taller than the man. Or maybe I just thought Panthera was just that cool.
Doesn't sound strange I think it will. I find it funny that most people keep judging the L/C of it, but rarely talk about the T/C of it. I mean perhaps the writers wanted Cheetara to jump into a relationship so fast because that's how she is. I mean it relates to her back as a kid when she wanted to join the clerics, she lacked patience and jumped right into one of those swinging blades. Same here, she based her feelings on one gesture, and has fallen for someone she barely (based on what the series showed us she loves him because he gave her a flower) knows much about. Maybe it won't work out as well for the two of them as it did in the beginning. They may have something they disagree on, or have a major fight, which could lead to a troubled relationship. Kinda like those junior high kids saying they're "dating" then end by "breaking up" after two weeks because they realised they don't like each other that much like they did.

Course that's all my assumption, but if they have to continue this triangle it's the only good way I can see it continuing. Not a big fan of Lion-O just acting jealous, and T/C just acting "Cutesy" with each other, kind of a one sided triangle there.

Going back to what somebody said about the lessons of the trials, and how they don't really work I agree and it just goes back to that consistency problem. Lion-O learns a lesson, and he either forgets it to learn it again in a different ep, or already knew that lesson and was implementing it though the team would belly ache.

So if something happens in the next episode where there's some problem with whatever Lion-O does or forgets, and the series goes to it's second season status quo, I'll know the writers are pretty much like the writers of Lost, they don't know what to do with their characters, or their story.

Last edited by OmenBill; 04-09-2012 at 11:43 AM..
OmenBill is offline   Reply With Quote