TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #53
dolza_khyron
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Jaguar View Post
Since you mentioned that, I would have to agree. Even though I've recorded a couple episodes of Voltron Force, I really haven't watched them yet. Thundercats appeals to me a lot more.
i think it is because one was made mainly just to sell toys, voltron, while i feel like thundercats was made more because cartoon network wanted more emmy's, and bandai decided later on to make the toys.

i mean just the mere factor voltron has that new gimmick of every lion being able to become the head, is just another way of saying "look at what this toy can do!"

while up until now the most important vehicle in the thundercats, has JUST made an entrance, and it only made it in the last 3 minutes of the episode!

it's far more character driven, then "mech" driven then voltron force is.

the toys being made by bandai, seems more like an after thought for thundercats, then it was for voltron force.

it's the same way i look at transformers prime, and transformers animated.

it feels more like "let's make this a cool series" rather then "lets sell toys!"

especially if you consider animated's toys didn't come out until almost a half a year after the series started, thought that was mainly due to bad timing with the second movie, and prime's toyline isn't slated to be released until either right before christmas or after, i forget, but it's not due out for a LONG while.
dolza_khyron is offline   Reply With Quote