Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #32
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrsia View Post
I am wondering why technology isn't made a big deal of anymore. It was a huge thing in the first few eps. That plot point feels lost to me. Anyone else think so or is it just me?
No, you're not alone. The inconsistancy on points like technology (including that the Cats outside of Lion-O and Panthro had nothing to do with the stuff), Tygra and Lion-O's rivalry, and several other elements seem to be dropped and then remembered when it's conveinant to the plot of the week.

The pilot and "Journey to the Tower of Omens" gave us several great plot elements, but the series hasn't really continuiously developed them.

One of the reasons I loved Transformers Animated so much was that every episode either contributed to that seasons finale or was part of a story that would be revisited in the next season (or was started in the prior season[s] in the case of seasons 2 and 3), while also being able to be self-contained stories as well. Even if the contribution wasn't much, every episode contributed to building the overall major story. TC lately feels like it's done a fair amount of slipping in this regard.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote