Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #864
Chique
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
Tygra is a very confidant person. I think he would have found away. He wink at a cleric.

No one is saying they are in love. The staff said Lion-o feels very strongly about cheetara, but doesn't love her. They wouldn't comment about T/C.

Her interacton with lion-o started in episode one. He was not going to be king at the point in time. She could have said you have all of us, not each other. She never had to get close to him to tell him words of encouragement. She did not have to kiss lion-o on the cheek right in front of tygra. If she liked tygra, why hurt him. Even tygra thought she chose lion-o.

I don't think it is over. Longer animes never show the ending relationships in the begining.

The actress said she would go for the higher good. Higher good is not to send mix singals. The crew picked up on what she was doing to him.

You're right, lion-o has not shut up once and tried to understand how cheetara feels about the loss of jaga or any of her feelings. Maybe he will realize that she is in a tough situation with them both and talk to her about it and try to understand her.

She was was supposedly sleeping.
Tygra's confidence is a false confidence. He's been overcompensating since day one, because he feels inferior about his place in his family. He feels being better then Lion-O will make everyone forget that he is not a Lion. That he is NOT Claudus' biological son. The Tygra Thunder Thursday article goes into this.
Also in Into the Astral Plan, Tygra clearly has NO confidence when it comes to Cheetara. He couldn't even sit by her when they were children, and had to tip toe to give her his gift. He says that he's always been invisible to Cheetara. Makes sense. A lot of the OS fans thought Tygra was a more shy cat.

We still don't know the circumstances behind why she was following him in episode one.
She said "we have each other in episode 4. When she said it, I thought she meant we have each other as in her and the rest of the group. See how differently we interpreted that line of dialog. Even if she meant her specifically, that doesn't guarantee that she had romantic implications . She could have meant, "I'm here behind you, every step of the way because I believe you can do it".
A kiss on the cheek has lost all of its sexual appeal. Relatives kiss on the cheek. Friends kiss on the cheek. Strangers kiss on the cheek. Hand holding has gotten more intimate then cheek kissing.
If she didn't see anything remotely romantic about the kiss, then how would she know it would affect Tygra? We dont even know if she knew at that point in time that Tygra had feelings for her. Someone said her VA mentions that Cheetara does for the better of the group. How would being romantic with Lion-O in the presence of his older brother benefit the group? To me that supports the idea that she had no clue anyone was interpreting her intentions that way. Not that she needs to hide how she feels. If she wants to hide her feelings for the better of the group, it would suck for her, but its her deal.

Longer anime cartoons dont show relationships in the begining? Young Justice has Superboy and Miss Martian in a commited relationship by episode 11.

Do you have a link to the staff talking about the relationships? I thought
S/he said love was a strong word. Did they answer more questions ?

Last edited by Chique; 12-13-2011 at 04:27 PM..
Chique is offline   Reply With Quote