Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #870
L08e16o
Survivor of the Anointment Trials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
The build up of that relationship wasn't well received by the general fandom. Most people thought it was rushed with Superboy only showing ROMANTIC interest at the very last moment. Personally, I like to see why two people should belong together BEFORE the relationship. It was a little like Cheet-O in that respect( and like TyChee with cramming everything in ). We got to see wht Miss Martian was good for Superboy, bot not the other way around. She was good at calming him down, but how is he good for her?
I can see why Cheetara would be good for Lion-O, but not why Lion-O would be good for Cheetara. I can see why Tygra could be good for Cheetara but not why she would be good for Tygra. This takes development and growth. Time. All of her support of Lion-O just made me see how one sided it was. It also made her look kind of flat character wise.

We know you support him, but what else? She kinda sounded like a 2nd grade school teacher to me. Always encouraging but never putting it out there. Mostly because she is trying to build confidence. If she never finds fault in Lion-O or calls him out on some of the more silly stuff he does, then he will remain static. There will be no potential to grow. At least not in the context of their relationship.
A strong crush. It would need to be, or the finale of season one wouldn't work right. If it was minuscule then he wouldn't have stood there with that look on his face. I know he's hurt by this, but do I think he should go crazy from it ? Nyah.

At the end of the day, the only thing that would have to change is her approach to Lion-O. Now that she knows he's been reading her wrong, she will be more aware of herself. She can still be supportive without being a girlfriend.

I know Lion-O and Tygra have a rift. Its an age old conflict, whose better the Lion or the Tiger? I think this conflict could be a nod to that. I dont expect Tygra to not be confrontational. It'll be there but I think it will be brought down a bit because of the lesson he learned in the AP. Otherwise BB would have been a waist of time.
As for the Love triangle, I wont say anything is settled. For all we know Tygra and Cheetara chose not to pursue anything beyond that kiss.
This is a american cartoon based on an old action series. I'm not expecting all that much romance. Some but not day time soap opera levels.

As for episode 4, It looked like she may have been leaning it, but we may never know. It could have been another opportunity for her to not be aware of how he was reading her. LOl. Snark the cock block. We all know Tygra hurled him at them.

You can apply a lot of what you said to the TyChee relationship as well. They have some form of relationship from a shared past. Why would the writers want to let that go down the drain ? Tygra knows more about Cheetara then Lion-O. He knows her biggest dreams and desires. He knows she can be a bit cocky and stubborn to fault. She sees that he's been living in his little brothers shadow. They have the necessary stuff to build a relationship too. In the context of romantic cartoons/animes.

You cant hold all women to your standards, You cant hold anyone to a preconceived ideal you had before you met them. Sure society has its norms, but we are all individuals . You say kids ( the target audience) wont understand it, but then by that logic her going to Lion-O after her scene with Tygra would be confusing as I dont know what. This show is not being written for OS fans. Not unless those fans are between the ages of 6-12.

Why would CHeetara need to lie about her feelings to Tygra if none were there? . SHe could have just turned him down, after all he was ready for it. That would have made her feelings really clear. Lying about something like that would only cause more pain and confusion
Thank you, I wanted to say CBing. I just didn't know if that would be received well. LOVE the line about tygra hurling snarf at them!!

I don't have standards for people, but you have to be honest. If I don't trust you, I don't hear you or respect you. I had to learn that the hard way.

I do to like the development of relationships and not rushes. Tygra was a rush. L/C was going well, I think lion-o would have been more direct. A lot of anime has a weak male lead who overcomes is weakness and goes for the lead female.

Lion-o is not good for anyone now.

How could lion-o get over it, he was not looking to just hook up. We want lion-o to get over something like this, but tygra couldn't. Tygra had years to deal with his insecurities, but lion-o has to do that in a couple episodes. That is not realistic. Men always fight over women, that will never change.

Lion-o was attracted to cheetara at first, then it grew to stronger feelings. That wasn't a flash in the pan. You can't get rid of that.

That was a romantic setting in E4, no way around it.

I think she has feelings for both, but feels guilty over what tygra did years ago for her. I am hoping they see him standing there. That will make a lot of drama. It would be one way to get everything in the opening.
I think she didn't turn him down because she felt guilty.

The orginal fans are older adults, they have more money to spend. That is what this is all about in the end of it. Even my dad is a OS fan.

It would be logical to go to lion-o, as you said tygra was ready to move on. She lets lion-o down and goes to tygra, that covers her to allow to express her true feelings.

If cheetara was sounding like a second school teacher, man I wish she was one of my teachers. If that is what she was then she has no respect for lion-o, she was treating him like a kid. That is not true.

Last edited by L08e16o; 12-13-2011 at 07:18 PM..
L08e16o is offline   Reply With Quote