Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #2656
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmangund View Post
Cheetara connection to the sword could be that process of choosing the bearer, what we know so far is the sword has chosen Lion-O, but we don't know the process of how the sword chooses it's chosen bearer. That's how I think they will tie cheetara with the choosing thing and the sword+Lion-O, as mentioned in the Cheeatar/SoO/Lion-O connections theories and in a number of epiosdes they have been using the words choosing alot with dialogues about the sword, the brothers and cheetara, plus cheetara saying I know the reason why the sword has chosen Lion-O. Jelenic said definitive answer of her following him around, thus it will not be that simple, there is a good chance its about these connections. Cheetara could also be connected to the stone itself, thus her glowing eyes, like suggested by stormbringer about the clerics affinity to the eye iitself.

Those factors will also make Cheetara's character more complex, not just simple love interest. That will also make the conflicted feelings theory more compicated as the line between feelings and duty blurs or combined into one big solid line when it comes to Lion-O from Cheetara's point of view. And I think its fact that you cannot be that personal with someone if it just based on duty alone, how little it is feelings are involved there, the kittens even Tygra can see it. Another way to see it I think with tygra it's just feelings(IF that was even true) but with Lion-O she has two major factors feelings and duty involved. She should know the stakes are much higher with Lion-O too, as without Lion-O the Tcats are doomed to oblivion.
I think any cleric would know why the sword chose lion-o but since she is the last one she will be the one to tell the story. The sword probably reacts to who touches it. I don't see cheetara can be more connected to the sword than lion-o is seeing how he is the only one who can use and command it. Jaga was the one to transfer the use of the claw shield to lion-o as well. As a cleric she understands the swords abilities better than the rest do and probably knows how to tap into its power as her eyes glowed once in ep 6 if hers were the only ones to glow the whole time it would be different. Lion-o can rebuild thundera without cheetara being his love interest.
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote