TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 04:41 AM   #1
The Ever Living
I love you too maaa-mutt!
Well, I have to admit that when these were announced, I told my self "there was no way" I'd get these.

Then after watching the show and having some credit with BBTS I went for it, especially considering Thundercats had not had any toys made since the 80s and I sold my original collection when I was 16.
The only aggravating part was that I had to wait for them, and I couldn't even be picky about the paint jobs.
Through them I got all of wave 1 and Deluxe Mumm-ra.
However they were not my first figures!

Funny enough, I called up Toys R Us to see if they had Grune, and Big Mumm-ra. No luck on the large Mumm-ra that day but they definately had GRUNE. Luckily enough for me they held it for me even though it was the last one.
The funniest part was when I asked for him the guy on the phone said..."Grune?" I followed with "yeah!" to which he replied "Oh, the traitor!"
Any who, when I got there I picked up my Grune and the Lizard with whatever the vehicle is called.
Grune was awesome, and 10 times better than his ancient counterpart (even though half the size! hah)
I kind of wish all Thundercats were as articulated as Grune or in particular I wish Panthro had his kind of waist swivel!

In short the figure really took me back to when my parents got me pretty much the entire line of the old figures one X mas. Magical times they were.
Thanks Ban-Dai!
The Ever Living is offline   Reply With Quote