Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #656
Big Snarf
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
It isn’t just that Cheetara led him on (consciously or not). It was the way the triangle was written and the inconsistencies with characterisation that many here, including me, have a problem with.

I have never said that Cheetara was bad or evil or anything like that. I dislike how the writers have caused both Cheetara and Lion-O to regress significantly in terms of characterisation.

If there are any alternative explanations that seem sound, I have yet to see them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Actually both of them got out of hand. Both of them had pent up anger, Lion-O pushed it and Tygra blew up first. Tygra tried to kill Lion-O, but it worked out in the end. Then we come to episode 14 in which Lion-O was willing to sacrifice Tygra, for his no surrender.

Surprising there was no follow up for what happen at the end of 14. Unless the next episode goes into it during the Tygra trial.

I'm going to theorize alternate view of the Cheetara surrender.

Since Lion-O at the moment Cheetara surrendered had his back towards them and focused on Slyde. He didn't know Tygra was beaten, given how Tygra is better fighter than Lion-O. So he thought Kaynar was doing an empty surrender call. Lion-O says don't surrender. Cheetara surrenders because she sees Kaynar wasn't making an empty threat, which surprised Lion-O and left him open to quickly get struck down.

This would be wrong if I got the position of them messed.
Both have pent up anger but only one went in angry and only one went on a tirade. No because he said there are still two of us would imply he knew tygra was out. Now what would be interesting would be if it was cheetara who was in tygra's situation and lion-o said keep fight hmmm i wonder but if i had to guess tygra would keep fighting
Big Snarf is offline   Reply With Quote