Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #353
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSapphire View Post
Or both.
But...the best part is when you can both tell the truth AND be insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepySariFan View Post
You say my arguments are are a fallacy. You're half right. I'm trying to appeal to the basic human emotions of sympathy 'cause I think the guy deserves a bit of a break, but tell me what's not logic about educating people about Dan's accident? That's not rhetoric either, seriously, tell me: why shouldn't I use Dan's accident to get people to stop being completely apathetic?

It should never matter that he was "unprofessional" this one time. Offending a few people shouldn't be something you think should end someone's career because you're such a spiteful human being.

The only reason I'm even replying to this post, is because it's clearly directed at myself and the arguments I've made on Dan's behalf, but you didn't even have the guts to reply me directly.
Well, there's nothing with sympathy. However, there are people who use sympathy to get what they want from other people or to defuse their wrath. I know of a very prominent scammer on dakkadakka who did some commission jobs for several of the members on the forum. He would take the jobs to paint stuff for them, get the money up front, say it would be ready by so-and-so date and then when the date came and went, nothing arrived. They would try and get a hold of him, but have a very hard time doing so, and eventually when they did contact him, he would tell them some story about how his wife was very sick or his children were very sick etc and this made them go 'oh, the guy's having a hard time, let me ease off on him a little'. He made thousands of dollars this way.

Is DN such a person? I don't know. I do know that he has blown his top at a fan at least twice as indicated in this thread, so unless he had 2 separate accidents on those days, it does indicate he is the type who gets angry when criticised. I have no idea if he said 'oh, it was cause i was stressed cause of so-so reason' for the Pumyra incident or not. Can someone enlighten me?
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote