TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #39
Dr Kain
Thunderian Commoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
To start with a bit of background, http://www.thundercats.ws/re-watchin...l-cartoon-253/ so it's not like I'm some hardcore old school TC fan. With the new series, it had an absolutely fantastic opener, one of the best pilot episodes I'd seen in some time, cartoon or not. Song of the Petalars made me shed some tears. Old Friends gave us the other side of the story in the pilot and some background. Legacy gave us some cheesy bits, but also the new history for Third Earth and an overall story pattern.
While I have enjoyed most of what has come thus far, I will agree, the opener was amazing. Sure, the episodes after have had their moments of crap (the recent batch of episodes until 21 felt like they were just reading their lines instead of acting), but overall, I like what the show is doing. I do think the Lion-O trials episode should have been a 4-5 parter though, as it was way too rushed at 2 episodes. Still, it is the first season and they need to find their ground in the show. Plus, it is far better than nearly every cartoon on tv right now.

Quote:
This series has also comitted one of my cardinal sins of strife based TV in that it hasn't presented a credible villain. Mumm-ra isn't a threat in this series. The characters tells us he is, but he hasn't done anything to show it; in fact, quite the opposite, I wonder why everyone fears this incarnation of the character.
I will agree with this, he does not seem to be as big a threat as he is made out to be right now. He gets defeated way too easily and quickly. Still. I blame this on his loss of power, but yes, Jackalman seems more of a threat than Mumm-Ra right now.

Quote:
Since you mentioned other shows, other cartoons I'm currently watching:
  • Avengers: EMH
  • Young Justice
  • Transformers: Rescue Bots
  • Green Lantern
  • Transformers: Prime
Funny enough, I found all of those except YJ to be dreadful, especially Bayformers Prime and Green Lantern. GL and Prime have such bland and cheap looking animation that the stuff from the 90s looks more detailed than it. Plus, I am tired of the Transformers reboots. They had amazing things going on with Animated and then canned it to go with the Bayformers garbage. As for GL, I was bored to death with the first episodes and hated their verisons of the Red Lanterns. There is nothing raging about them, they are just the Sinestro Corp but in red.
Dr Kain is offline   Reply With Quote