TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #49
Sining
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
And then the series started falling apart. The characters became plot props. The stories become tired, cliche, and worst of all, boring. That last part is a big one, as if it was really terrible, at least then I could point a finger and say, "I don't like that!" as opposed to shrugging and moving on. The fight choreography become flat and uninteresting. The plot holes grew bigger as the characterization shrank. The series story has become clumsy and amateurish with a story that advances at a pace that snails would laugh at.
The biggest problem I have with this series so far is the lack of consequences from their previous actions. There's been no reaction to a LOT of stuff in the show and the formula really seems episodic. How many times have we said 'wait, this shouldn't have happened, didn't the character learn to do this and that the previous episode so s/he should have passed this episode without doing this stupid thing?' The sheer number of times continuity has been ignored and people made to carry the idiot ball is usually a sign of bad storywriting or plotting. In fact, the ONLY thing that seems to actually carry down into later episodes is the romance. Between either couple -_- And even that isn't done that well (witness bipolar pumyra). There's been no reaction from the trials of Lion-O, none of the cats went and discussed Lion-Os trials or how the spirit of Jaga appeared to them. Or even the other cats as slaves. Or Panthro's missing arms etc etc. Seriously, wth?

episodes I thought were good in the new series. 1st 2 episodes, the ramlak one, the petalars, the ones with kit kats backstory explained, legacy and the birth of the blade (mostly cause of the flashback scenes -_-) Thats 6 out of 22 episodes.

Last edited by Sining; 05-24-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote