TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #118
MegaGearX
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by stac View Post
These are very good points. You’ve given me good reasons for why they tend to behave the way they do. However, I still don’t see how that would excuse both Tygra’s and Cheetara’s behaviour.

For one thing, Lion-O has already surpassed Claudus in term of having vision, uniting the animals etc. Secondly, he’s the first Cat since Leo to actually defeat Mumm-Ra (temporarily) repeatedly. He’s mastered sight beyond sight which the greatest Lord of the ThunderCats is supposed to do and so on…
If these things are not enough to earn him at least a modicum of respect and legitimise his position then I don’t know what will. Not to mention he isn’t an entitled whiner like his brother.

I’m not saying that Tygra and Cheetara need to bow down before him all the time. Only that in a potentially hostile situation, they listen to him and not weaken him (and hence the entire team) in front of the enemy. You've given explanations as to why they may tend to do that which but I don't agree that the reasons you've given let them off the hook.
I think Tygra, Cheetara and Pumyra might not really grasp how important those Lion-O stunts were because there are no elders or "authoritarians" to drive it home and give Lion-O's exploits some legitimacy. I would think that Cheetara and Panthro would have served this purpose, but I think he's been reduced to a grouchy teddy bear and poor Cheetara has her clerical skills, knowledge and faith severely downgraded this season. Perhaps if Lynx-O (being an older character) were on the team, he could set those youngsters straight. LOL!

Alas, Lynx-O could also lose his consistency as well. If TCats ever gets a third season, they REALLY need to work on that aspect. Pumyra shifts so much, she seems bipolar damn near. LOL!