TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #120
Pravus Prime
Ancient Spirit of Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster View Post
This argument is terrible and shortsighted.

Whatever Bandai's business model has NOTHING to do with hiring competent sculptors and decent paint apps for the toys. ( see TRU SDCC Lion-o--if Mattel is beating you on paint apps..you have very big problems.)

The 4 horsemens sculpts alone do more to sell those toys.

Bandai is terrible, and Icon Heroes Mumm-ra proves it!
I don't understand how any of what you said has anything to do with what I said.

Allow me to simplify.

Mattel owns MOTU. So, Mattel pays Mattel $0 to make MOTUC figures. That cost is passed on to the figures they make, which after the costs of production, profit for Mattel, and paying Mattel for the rights to make MOTUC ends up being $22.

Bandai does not own TC. So Bandai has paid WB millions to make TC figures. That cost has to be recovered in the pricing of the figures they make, which after the costs of production, profit for Bandai, and recovering the expenses for the rights ends up being a very high cost, likely around $80 a figure just to make the same amount of total profit as Mattel does without losing money, either on the license acquisition fees or on the cost of production with the same number of purchasers as MOTUC has currently.

The quality of the figure is irrelevant, it's the license cost that keeps Bandai from emulating the MOTUC business model.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 06-14-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote