TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #129
kevster
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGearX View Post
I'm presenting opinions, just like you are. So yes, I THINK. When you start presenting your opinions as facts, it's an invitation to be challenged. If you don't have proof to back up your claims, you would be discredited.

Yes, you can't sell the series with no new episodes or even no re-runs of that series. I think kids have short memories. Take it off the air and they will forget about the show. They probably moved onto the new thing, thinking that the show had been canceled.

Not everything sells during Christmas. Amazon WAS selling ThunderTanks and Tower of Omens for dirt cheap during the holidays. You see tons of those boxes at Walmart.

Again, adult collectors were not the target audience. I'm not debating that the 4H are better, but Bandai geared the toys toward kids with the magnet gimmick. This whole relaunch was centered around kids.

If Kids are the the SOLE target audience, which you seem to be infering, then Bandai are bigger idiots than i thought.

Thundercats CORE audience are , at least before the new show got deep into episodes, are the fans of the ORIGINAL...whats known as a base. If you can't capture them, then theres no guarantee you'll get the higher new fans. Again, MOTUC, works because they sell to their base first, the MOTU fans that know the property from the 80'..the fans that have the money....not six year olds who don't

My vote is that the show should die. Its not handled well, written well, and the toys are not good at all.

Last edited by kevster; 06-14-2012 at 01:41 PM..
kevster is offline   Reply With Quote