Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #269
BB Shockwave
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexofThundera View Post
I have to respectfully disagree. Giving Panthro "go go gadget" arms was not an intelligent update.

Again I have to respectfully disagree. While they may bare resemblance to their OS counterparts or look exactly the same, "what they can do" has changed dramatically, and believe it or not that plays a huge role in which characters the kids "want to be" when they watch the show or role play with their toys. Not to mention the NS Sword of Omens is nothing compared to the OS Sword of Omens.

And just to add on Panthro (not directed at anyone) he honestly bares no resemblance to the OS Panthro anymore. You know the bad ass nunchuku wielding dude? The NS Panthro has been reduced to comic relief. I don't mind it some of the time, but I do feel they turned an awesome character into a "not so awesome" character with Panthro. In all honesty I could say the same thing about Lion-O and Cheetara.
I dunno about that. In pretty much all of his apperances, Panthro kicked ass. Lizards keep flying when he runs into the fray, and he even went toe-to-toe with Mumm-Ra himself! Not to mention the way he defeated Grune, sacrificing his own hands.
So he's afraid of water and heights, so what. It gives him some character depth rather then being simply the badass in all things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Given2u View Post
I'll put my to cents in here as well...

This show is show that has not been faithful to the TC fans. The characterization, writing, toy, marketing etch... I will answer the question right of the the bat-- "Should Thundercats be canceled". I think that the show should not be canceled. However, I will be canceled.
Whiskers! Be careful, then! Someone from CN will visit your home and cancel you!

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 06-22-2012 at 10:55 AM..
BB Shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote