TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:08 AM   #14
Monkian
Thunder Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenxl7 View Post
Thinking about his resemblance to others, and while this is more to do with his personality, does anybody else get a Clint Eastwood mixed with John Wayne vibe from him?

I personally think it was just a conscious choice of his to, as a young cat, go completely bald, and then later on decided to let it grow back. Though from the production team's standpoint, I think the baldness in the flashback was thrown in as a nod to the original. Though I'm not sure what their reasoning behind his having hair was (not sure if anybody's ever asked them), but I do like the way he looks with it.

From what I know, the lack of red and blue on his nunchucks was a decision made early on because they weren't sure whether or not they were going to be red and blue in the show itself (the team designing the toys, that is). The guy at Toy Fair said that they would be changed for the release, but it looks like that change never happened. Personally I'm hoping they do a running change on them at some point. He's the first of the new show's toys I plan on picking up, but if I knew a more accurate version was on it's way (both nunchuck and fur color wise), I'd be willing to wait.
I think the whole hair thing is a matter of preference. Looking at the previous posts, at least I'm more informed as to the reasoning behind it. That being said, I'm still not a huge fan. But it's something that you accept and eventually grow used to. Hopefully. It's a re-boot, and a great one at that, and changes such as this are par for the course.

I'll have to disagree on the nun-chucks and color match issues. I think it's a matter of incompetence or indifference, with the most likely culprit being the latter. Whether or not that is accurate will be evidenced should they not make a running change and correct, at the very least, the nun-chucks. The variation in the color could be due to production costs and as a result, less feasible of a fix. I hope I'm wrong. If history is any indicator, that is more probable than not. )
Monkian is offline   Reply With Quote