Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #4878
Eclipse
Witch Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by L08e16o View Post
You should have come out and say it.
I fail to see why. Come on, you got it, so did Balgus and Adam (btw thanks for answering guys) and I won't insult everyone else who did not answer by assuming they are not smart enough to get it.

Quote:
If cheetara didn't have a good solution to the issue, then she should have told both of them that she can't pick and complete the mission first. If she was meant to be with one of them, then those feelings won't be able to hide for long.
That point is moot. We are dealing with what we have been given.

Quote:
Depends on how they do the 180. They can do it with both T/C looking good. We disagree on this, but that was a thank you kiss. She never had had to say I owe you a thank you. I think they put that in for the kids to understand it was a thank you. There was no reason for her to say that before she kissed him.

Well two wrongs did make a right at the end of 13 (tygra's jealousy and cheetara not being honest).

I agree. Brother told the girls and boy to tell someone first, before something bad happens.

Thanks.

We think it was a boy. I hope to have a girl later.
This conversation is about Cheetara, and how she can be perceived by both the target audience and their parents. You're adding elements that distract from the point trying to be funny, but this is really serious, so I leave them aside.

DN said she chose Tygra so it was *not* just a thank you kiss, it was the excuse to kiss. You do not tell an 8 year-old you kiss thanks like that. This is what sets parents apart, and the whole teaching/children psichology community has my back here (ask your brother and your sister in law, since they've probably been to at least one lecture about this issue at the kids' school, in my area it's given once a year): we don't want them to think they can kiss or be kissed thanks in such a fashion. It's the same as when you refrain from softly slapping their cute little butts as soon as they turn one year old, so they won't grow up believing it's OK for another kid / a teen / an adult to touch them. The kind of message that's all right by a teen (thank you kiss) is not the right message to a child under 10 (somebody else can kiss you like that and you have to accept it because it's thanks and thanks is a good thing).

This is multiplied by a number of behaviors that are completely innocent in appearance at the close family level but in reality may leave them exposed to possibility of not recognizing / not reacting to abuse. We raise by example and we are not ambiguous in our message.

You're going to be a parent. I'm not trying to scare you, but it's not too early to concern yourself with these issues, and talk them over with your SO and perhaps with your brother and his wife as well.
Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote