TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:49 AM   #36
AlexofThundera
Talk Hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon818 View Post
If you want to know why thundercats is being cancelled read this interview. It's a very informative article from Marisha Ray who is Matthew Mercer's girlfriend.

We need more signatures to save Thundercats!!!. Dan Norton even mentions that episode 26 is the final episode until they hear otherwise. I hope the CN bigwigs wake up and realize what a great show and fan base they have and green light a 2nd season!

Save The Thundercats! « Pure Nerd-Nip
This should honestly have its own thread so more people can be aware of it. In the interview she states twice that the show is cancelled...

Quote:
So a well written and well received show is ultimately getting canceled because of poor timing and lacking toy sales.
Quote:
When everyone learned of the cancellation, they were crushed.
I am simply quoting, not stating it is fact. She pretty much says exactly what I did in another thread about why this show failed; placing the show in an adult time slot when most adults aren't home, but with a toy line targeted towards children... Who the heck came up with that one?

The issues with the storyline and writing are a different issue altogether and a matter of personal opinion. WB wants to see the $$$ and its a shame there own stupidity is the very reason it wasn't successful in that department.

I am still hoping that between the petition, good DVD sales, and a good run in the international community, something changes.
AlexofThundera is offline   Reply With Quote