TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #27
GK Punk
Your Straight Edge Savior
So this has been going around on tumblr, mostly because of what's been going on with the DC Nation block. Take it for what you will.

Quote:
So, I spoke to one of the former Producers of “Adventure Time” at the Alternative Press Expo this past weekend (won’t name names). Mainly because I knew he worked at Cartoon Network & I wanted to complain to someone about them cancelling “Thundercats”.
He said that whenever comedic cartoons, such as “Adventure Time” are the most popular (like now), CN pulls the plug on their action shows (and vice versa when action shows are more popular). What they do is pull the show off air for a few months, & then return it to the air without announcing or promoting it. Naturally, the viewers will have dropped off (no one knew it was coming back). CN then uses this rationale to drop the shows completely: “Well, we brought it back, but no one was watching.”
That’s exactly what they did to the new He-Man show back in 2003/2004. That’s exactly what they did to “Thundercats” last year.
And this is exactly what is going on with the DC Nation block right now.
So, if you have ears at Cartoon Network, let them know this sucks, because this could be really bad for the DC Animated shows.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote