TFW2005HisstankThundercatsTokuNationToyark
Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #36
Sining
Thunder Kitty
My first choices
1) Pumyra - simply because of the way she's acted the past few episodes, she is the best choice for the well-intentioned extremist villain.
2) Cheetara - ANY character development (including villainous ones) is better than NO development -_- If Cheetara does turn out to be a traitor, I hope this will be what we need to jolt her character.
3) Tygra - Eh, the obvious choice really. A bit too obvious if you ask me. But it would fit in with some previous episodes dialogues.
4) The kitkats - Mumm-ra drives up in a white van and offers them candy and a map to El Dora. No, can't see this happening either
5) Panthro - If this happens, someone should flip table. Panthro's becoming the butt monkey of the show and him betraying the cats again just doesn't make sense.

Why I hope it's a cat that betrays Lion-O? Because of all the build up to it. In S1, we learn Lion-O will experience a betrayal from his brother like none he's ever known and nothing came of it. In s2, we have the ominous line from Mumm-ra asking 'will you be the FIRST of your kind to forsake compassion from power' as well as all that stuff about how your lineage/nature plays a huge role into your character. This could be indicating BOTH pumyra and tygra. We've seen Pumyra has no issues forsaking others for the sake of the 'greater good', except where does this greater good end? You could say Mumm-ra thinks of himself as working for the greater good as well since he wants to bring order to a lawless universe. Granted the order will be born from fire and blood but hey Pumyra was willing to drop an entire city of birds from the sky.

As for Tygra, we've had all that build-up about how people can't change their nature and how he will betray/has betrayed Lion-O.
Sining is offline   Reply With Quote