Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
shmashwitdaclub
Thunder Kitty
Some 4 inch pics and articulation reviews

Lion-O:

Comes with: extended sword of omens, short sword of omens, and glove thingy.
Articulation: Swivel head, ball jointed arms, swivel forearm, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, single hinged knees, single hinged ankles.
Extra notes: as you can see in the pic the short sword plugs in nicely to the glove just like in the show, no swivel at the boot.

Tigra:

Comes with: blaster, belt, whip
Articulation:Swivel head, ball jointed arms, swivel forearm, ball jointed hips, single hinged knees, swivel at the boot, single hinged ankles.
Extra notes: I am not a big fan of the bulky belt. You can easily unclasp it to take it apart. there is a spot on Tigra's waist to attempt to keep the belt plugged in and snug but it doesn't work so well. The whip is all blue, I can't remember if in the new cartoon if the whips is supposed to have colored ends or not.

Panthro:

comes with: nunchucks, and wrapped up nunchucks to store
Articulation: Swivel head, ball jointed arms, swivel forearm, ball jointed hips, single hinged knees, swivel at the boot, single hinged ankles.
Extra notes: no waist articulation, there is a plug on his belt in the back to place his wrapped up nunchucks. The nunchucks are all silver - we have not seen what color they are supposed to be in the cartoon yet, but I would not be against painting them to be their traditional red/blue colors.

and now for the let down imo:
Cheetara:

Comes with: staff
Articulation: yikes! ball jointed shoulders, swivel bicep, 3 - yes 3 - cuts in the hip/upper thigh area, single hinged knees.
Extra notes: One can see she has a swivel neck but due to her hair and the magnet thingy on the back she cannot move it at all. Big downfalls imo - no ankles, waist, or wrist. Her articulation stinks.

Overall I really do like these figures - especially the crisp paint apps that do a great job depicting what the characters look like on TV. I will do a review of some of the other figures/things I bought later if I can sneak past my wife. (I have to sneak these too - my wife wasn't too thrilled about another toy line).
shmashwitdaclub is offline   Reply With Quote