Go Back   Thundercats.ws > Thundercats Forums
Community Rules Today's Posts Search

View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:59 PM   #158
KaleRylan
Thunder Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chique View Post
And that is why I couldn't stand the Kataang romance.She came off so motherly, that her eventual attraction was kinda creepy.
I can see how someone would take those scenes as romantic, but I still see how it can be considered platonic. I can see the potential for both sides to have a valid argument. I think the writers wanted us to question it, which is why it was played with vaguely. Well, on Cheetara's part. Am I making sense?
I agree basically with what you're saying (though I liked Katara and Aang).

However, I think it would have worked better had the writers not so prominently announced in half the interviews that it was a love triangle. Because what we've got here is just a guy and a girl who liked each other all along, and a boy on the sidelines who got confused. And had they left it to the viewers to figure it out, I think it would have been less screwy. But they called it a love triangle and said there would be some romantic tension the whole season. And there WAS romantic tension the whole season. AND then they gave an explanation that basically retconned all of Cheetara's behavior.

Had they just left it all up to the viewers' discretion I think there would be a lot less complaining. The other thing that would have helped is more romantic scenes with Tygra instead of just Lion-o. As it is nearly every scene she has is with Lion-o and then they suddenly do a flashback and pretend it's development.

It's like the Black Panther/Storm marriage from a while. Marvel decided they wanted them married, but the two characters had no previous interactions, so marvel just published a flash-back miniseries showing how, ACTUALLY, they'd known and loved each other all along. Problem solved. Except it's not, because that kind of thing doesn't work on fans that have been following these characters all along.
KaleRylan is offline   Reply With Quote